Get Off The Fence
![]() |
| via |
I love how Lewis describes the journey mankind takes to arrive at this position. It begins with a notion that God really isn't a personage. We remove any human connection we see in Him. As bit by bit of Him is unraveled, we begin to worship a Great Nothing.
We feel good about it because this Nothing requires nothing of us. That's how we justify that we can be all about God but not about religion. By reducing Him to a Great Nothing, we are not required to take action. We don't have to obey because He doesn't require anything of us and we don't have to accept the evolutionary humanist explanation of reality either. The problem is that this mindset is just fence sitting. The worship of that Great Nothing leads to a lifetime of nothing and a world without meaning.
I hadn't set down the book for more than ten minutes when I came across this article. This is a problem today just as much as it was in Lewis's time. Come on people. Wake up and make a decision.

0 comments